Thursday, June 13, 2013

Meet Squirrelly

If you're going to follow this blog, you should get to know Squirrelly!


Squirrelly is our awesome mascot. He's spent some time in Washington DC, traveled to Scotland, and now he's exploring the American West with us.

Would you like to know a little more?
  • First name: Squirrelly
  • Last name: Unknown 
  • Originally from: China most likely, but it could be Bangladesh (his tag came off)
  • Currently resides in: Seattle 
  • Favorite travel destination (thus far): Scotland 
  • Favorite food: Cookies (esp. peanut butter cookies) 
  • Special skills: Sniffing out cookies (esp. peanut butter cookies), chewing through cardboard, plastic, paper, and anything in the way of cookies (esp. peanut butter cookies).
 So how did he join our team?

Lauren's care package

I was NOT pleased with Squirrelly's contribution

Long story short, while I was working in Washington DC Lauren sent me a very thoughtful and very carefully assembled batch of homemade peanut-butter cookies. The cookies were delicious, the mail person maintained the self-discipline necessary to leave them at my doorstep (and not take them home to enjoy gluttonously with his or her family) and all signs pointed to me enjoying the delicious peanut butter cookies that evening.

When I got home that afternoon however, what I found, was that a very rude squirrel had broken into my care package and helped himself to his share (and then some!) of my tasty peanut butter surprise.

Saddened, I documented the experience in pictures.

Later on during my remote work placement Lauren sent me another care package. When I opened the second package I couldn't help but laugh when I discovered that she included not cookies this time, but a stuffed squirrel!

Squirrel went from thieving enemy to furry friend in my book and I even brought him with me when I went to Scotland in May.  Now that he's back in the Pacific Northwest I reunited Lauren and squirrel, we officially dubbed him "Squirrelly" and decided he should be our official mascot on Trip America!
Look for his nutty contribution to the blog!

-Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment